Bed Bases, Beds, Beds For Backs
YOUR HEALTH BED STORE
Health Beds GST Free!
What is a "HEALTH BED" … and why is it GST FREE ??
In short: a health bed helps you to attain more rest and rejuvenation while you sleep. In doing so, its usefulness is similar to that of other 'Essential Medical Aids' and therefore the Australian Government (through its GST Act) decided you should be encouraged and helped into buying beds that improve your health through
- pressure reduction (therefore better blood flow)
- adjustable posture or body alignment (therefore less stresses on your shoulders, spine and pelvis).
Quite clearly, it is more healthy for you to sleep on a 'health bed than on a 'conventional bed.'
3 Reasons why it is healthy for you to sleep on a:
than on a
Flat uniform mattresses produce High Stresses are produced on the shoulders, spine and pelvis.Human Body varies greatly in weight and shape from head to toe consequently – when it lies on a flat mattress surface of uniform (or near-uniform) firmness it becomes greatly distorted (flattened). This causes acute stresses on the spine (L2-L5 area), shoulders and pelvis.
Flat Uniform mattresses produce High and Low pressure spots.Support along the body is NOT uniform and extreme high and low pressure spots are produced resulting in restricted blood flow. (Some people find this quite high thus toss and turn a lot during sleep). High pressure spots occur at the shoulder/mattress and the hip/mattress interface and low pressure at the waist and spinal curve.
Mattresses need specific areas for different parts of the human body.
Mattress designs need to incorporate special areas for:
- shoulders to fit into,
- for hips (or pelvis) to fit into, and
- a mound 40 to 60 mm high – directly under the spinal arch without which, the arch collapses and flattens when the body is resting on its back. When the body is resting on its side, a hinge forms which places considerable stresses on the L2,3,4 disks.
The 3 ranges of Ergo~posture beds at Beds for Backs incorporate SHOULDER, HIP and WAIST/LUMBAR areas in the appropriate places. This results in:
- Reduced back aches and pains
- Reduced soreness of shoulders and in conjunction with the right shaped pillow – improved neck alignment and reduced neck/upper shoulder stiffness and pain
- Better body alignment and therefore REDUCED SNORING
- Lower Pressure on hips
- Improved REST, thus BETTER HEALTH and a greater feeling of wellbeing
Because of these features, the ATO classified our special Ergo~posture Ranges of beds as 'Medical-Aids' and gave us permission to sell them GST free – we make the distinction a clear one for our customers: CONVENTIONAL BED or HEALTH BED.
We Ask You:
Are you sleeping on a CONVENTIONAL mattress/bed? If so, should you be buying another?? Or should you be at least investigate and test these New Technology HEALTH beds?
At Beds for Backs, we have all our customers try-out 4 Specific Test beds designed to highlight the differences in firm and soft padding, firm and soft springs, orthopaedic springs, latex etc. etc. after which – Each Customer is able to both - understand beds more and make a rational, informed choice.
The main differences between Conventional Beds offered in the thousands of bedding shops across Australia and the (Ergo~posture) Health Beds offered at Beds for Backs is:
Support & Comfort layers are uniform
SIDE - to - SIDE and HEAD - to - FOOT
Oddly - only 1 company offers a range of beds, with different combinations of comfort and springs on each side (as selected by a computer) - BUT oddly, makes No provision for
- special back support,
- shoulder and hip pressure relief etc. (Which is surely, much more important)
- Each bed model is 'As - Is" and cannot be varied
- Main emphasis is to make the bed look and feel comfortable
- Consumers are given many choices of 'Comfort or Feel' on the same support material (spring)
Prices form 3 main categories:
- Cheap mattresses made to a price Under $ 1,000
- Mattresses made with 'Fair-to-Good' materials Sell for $ 1,200 to $ 2,500
- Mattresses made with the BEST
Quality materials within and with a few 'extras $ 3,000 to $ $6,000
(Some of the extras have been considered fads and gimmicks in retrospect)
Almost ALL mattresses are now available ONLY as 1-sided.
Because they are made with only 'half' of the padding layers and top cover.
They look 'great-value-for-money'
1-Sided mattresses have been tried many times before and found wanting.
In the US – where 1-sided mattresses originated and are copied from, the swing back to 2-Sided mattresses has already begun.
Beds for Backs HEALTH Beds
Support varies along the bed with
- cuddly Shoulder areas
- firm narrow band directly under the lumbar curve
- softer area under the bottom and hip
With these special areas, your body is supported closer to its 'natural alignment' so that pressure and spinal stress is reduced.
Notably, the improved body alignment also prevents or greatly reduces snoring.
Some models are sold 'As-Is' but we recommend models in which Support is variable for each partner and during the life of the bed. (Because we change also)
In our Individuality Range, Comfort layers may be also be readily changed and re-vitalised during the life of the bed.
The beds are made to feel and look as comfortable as conventional beds
Consumers are given similar (often more) variety of choices but on 'Varying Support Systems'
We sell 'good quality Conventional mattresses under $1,000 –
We cannot sell our special mattresses at these prices.
Many people are very surprised that we can supply very comfortable and effective mattresses for shoulder, lumbar and hips within this price range
We supply the best quality materials and health effectiveness within this price range.
We try very hard to steer Customers away from gimmicks
We prefer to sell 2-Sided mattresses
Some of our models are 1-sided but – we inform our customers clearly –
1-Sided mattresses will not last anywhere near as long as a 2-sided mattress of the same materials.
They never have ….. They never will !!
But, we respect our Customer's choice.
Beds for Backs sources its special Health Beds by Health Beds International Pty Ltd.